Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New user....Coil unit trouble

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th December 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
New user....Coil unit trouble

Hi folks first time poster so be gentle

Got myself a R reg Clio Biarittz a few months ago and until last night it was running fine.The problem being the car all of a sudden lost the will to accelerate and there was noticable vibrating from the gear stick.Anyhowz out of desperation i popped it into a nat**** ide auto centre which is local to myself.I was subseqeuntly contacted a couple of hours later to be told my coil unit needed replacing as well as ht leads. After being quoted a price of 138 quid for parts and fitting(probably a rip off but i know bugger all about cars) i agreed for the work to be carried out.After waiting a few hours for the work to be completed i still had'nt recieved a call so i decided to just pop in...and to my amazement my car had'nt been touched as they say they could'nt get a hold of the parts...anyway i decided to take the car to a tyre fitting place of all places and managed to sweet talk one of the mechanics to have a look at it.He decided to test my plugs and found only three of four were firing and his advice was that i could get a brand new coil unit for around 40 quid and that my ht leads were fine .My question is and i apologise for the long winded speal is should i take the mechanics advice or go back to nationwide and spend the extra money or simply buy a unit and fit myself(doesnt look to difficult to fit even to a novice like me)....cheers in advance
Currently in bornwina's garage:
Clio biarittz

Last edited by bonedavid; 31st December 2006 at 03:59 PM. Reason: prevention of naming/shaming
  5 Lastest Threads by bornwina
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
New user....Coil unit trouble Clio Nykola 10 2667 30th December 2006 07:16 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome