Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Knock Over Bumps*fixed with how to and pictures*

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 31st December 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4

DaveBee.............What can I say.............

It worked.........

I cannot thank you enough for the help, I am so chuffed it is now fixed and there is no sign at all of the fault

I finally got some time today to have a look at it, and for the benefit of anybody else who may ever have this problem I took some pictures as follows:

this is the engine mount in question in its normal position,
before removal of the upper engine cover (3x small screws).

Underneath the engine, 4x 10mm head screws removed and the sump cover panel slides away to the rear of the car. A piece of wood on a trolley jack positioned under the sump and raised slightly to take the weight off the mount.

Then the 1x nut is removed, followed by the 3x long bolts attaching the mount to the cylinder head,

and then remove it

I then placed 1x M10 washer over the wing mount bolt

The refitted the engine mount completely and took the car for a test drive. I then found the fault was completely cured.
I then returned and made a small disc, and machined the holes to match that of the mount face.

Fitted the new disc

and then refitted the engine mount (3x long bolts, and 1x nut).
Then removed the trolley jack, and refitted the under panels.

Car now totally cured.

Massive thanks again to DaveBee
Currently in cosrush's garage:
2002 (52) Renault Scenic 1.9Dti Fidji

Last edited by cosrush; 1st January 2007 at 06:11 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cosrush For This Useful Post:
Deadslow (14th March 2011), Gitanes (4th December 2013), marrsonavon (7th July 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome