Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help With My R19 16v

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 1st November 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by HD462
Do you know how much a 'new' alternator costs, not cheap (same applies to starters actually). Usually when you go and buy a new one it's actually a reconditioned exchange unit. They'll test the unit taken in exchange, see what repairs it needs, repair it, polish the metal bits and give it a nice coat of paint. No guarantee some other part in it won't go wrong.

It's more cost effective to have your own tested and repairs done as neccessary, maybe even have new bearings put in while it's stripped down, they don't cost that much. You buy the recon one, and put yours in exchange which then be reconditioned to sell again.
My mate is a Renault Mechanic and he contacts in teh parts so i get discount aswell as it is cheaper to buy a alternator from Renault than it is from somewhere than Pentland Components (, Pentland are wanting 101+ Vat.

Renault Dearler is wanting 90+ Vat plus i will get my discount on that also. Wanting as many parts replaced with Renault parts as possible as i want the car looking like it just rolled off the production line and no matter what i will spend the money to do it.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome