Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Mileage checking

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 23rd November 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Mileage checking

Forgot to mention, Renault did confirm that they have never sold a set of clocks for the car, so, unless the guy had managed to obtain a set of clocks without going through Renault, such as from a wrecker with extremely low mileage, or the clocks have been tampered with, and I can see no evidence of that, then the mileage recorded appears correct. They also confirmed that it should have had a cam belt change last year, so get that sorted. Not sure I want a Toyota dealer to do that so I might concede it - no disrespect to the dealer, but I think I would pref such a key engine component to be sorted by a trained proffesional for the vehicle and get the dephaser pulley done at the same time.

A further point to note is that the dealer says they will guarantee the mileage is correct as shown on the clock, or, if we can prove it is not correct at any time within the next 6 years, they will give us a full refund on the price of the vehicle.

They also offer a full 5 days satisfaction money back guarantee and 3 months (Toyota supplied) warranty on the car which we can upgrade to 12 months for 350 or 24 months for 500approx from memory. Looked at the warranty, and wear and tear stuff isn't included as you would normally expect, so wasn't planning to upgrade it from 3 months
Currently in Glynn's garage:
2005 Megane 1.6 Priv
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome