Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1994 2.1 TD (Sort Of Cooling Problem)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd January 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
1994 2.1 TD (Sort Of Cooling Problem)

Ok i admit i never thought i would have to ask for people to throw me a bone on anything engine related but this has me scratching my head,

First of all i have a suspition or two but lets see if it gets confirmed,

The story begin's at the begining of december my trusty 1994 2.1TD espace started showing signs of valve stem oil seals leaking (exc blue smoke in the morning at first start and when the engine was idleing), so i set aside 2 days to allow for coffee drinking stripped the head from the engine replaced the valve stem oil seals after cleaning up the head i checked the head with an engineering block to check if it was warpped and did a visual check for cracks every thing seemed fine so i rebuilt the engine and it started up no problem.

Whats wrong with that and whats it got to do with cooling i here you ask?

Heres the thing thats got me going round in circles

Now since i did the head the early morning smoke has gone and the car runs better than it did before

Yesterday i was giving the car its weekly check over when i noticed that the top right corner of the radiator was cold (New one fitted 2 months ago) when i undid the bleed screw out came some air so i check the bleed screw on the heater matrix pipe and hot coolant there so i thought nothing of it and thought ahh it was just an air lock i checked it again today and the same thing air in the radiator.

what puzzles me is usually if you have a air lock:

The heater goes cold - Not in this case they work better than ever.

The Engine may over heat - Nope temp stays in exactly the same place in the normal

Maybe even with a little built up pressure loose a bit coolant - nope level never moves (Except when i bleed the cooling system).

Suspition 1: A small crack in the head that i missed
Suspition 2: Termostate U/S
Suspition 3: Im a muppet who should bleed the engine properly

any other simple things i've missed just slap me and call me a muppet

Thanks for your time

PS Best Wishes to you all for 2007
Currently in Morph1059's garage:
(Retired)Ph1 Espace 2L Petrol, (About To Retire) PhII Espace Alize 2.1 TD, Ph III Espace 2.2 td

Last edited by Morph1059; 2nd January 2007 at 05:35 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Morph1059
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Phase III Espace Radio Electronics mattprice 9 1683 17th February 2008 11:09 AM
Are You Concerned About Mechanics Of The Future?... General Chat Morph1059 6 1416 24th May 2007 10:34 PM
Video for you other half if you play games Jokes & funny stuff davesss 1 833 23rd May 2007 11:00 PM
Experiment On How To Paint Espace Roof (With Pics) Bodywork Morph1059 6 1341 18th May 2007 04:30 PM
Site help please Feedback & Announcements moi 15 1779 4th April 2007 08:15 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome