Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - another laguna keycard roblem

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 2nd January 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
New keycard arrived on the 27th December. Phone call fom dealer saying that new card couldn't be coded, but that I needed a new electronic steering lock!!!!!!!!!!!
I asked what the relation was between a new electronic steering lock and keycard and was informed that the keycard/ignition/steering lock need to continously 'talk' to each other and that the steering lock wasn't 'playing'. Replacement cost for steering lock - 450!!!, total cost of new card, recoding, steering lock, labour etc - 680. Told them to shove it but thay had me over a barrell so to speak so I p/x the car there and then for a C-Max Tdci. They asked me for a contribution to the cost of getting the laguna back on the road again and I ended up paying the cost price of the parts, about 300, this then allowed them to give me 'book' price for it as a trade in. Everything runs ok with these cars until problems arise and then you've had it. They also mentioned a fault code with the EGR valve, another potential fortune!!!
Good riddance to a car that was going to cost me a lot of money with a major 72k service (cambelt change) due as well - 610.
Currently in andysaunders's garage:
2002 renault laguna 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome