Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Interior Lights not self dimming ?

View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 2nd January 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
If like me you have managed to loose the all important bit of plastic then you can replace it by using the end of a small cable tie and a blob of strong glue (I used Araldite).

To do this you will need to insert the keycard which will support the cable tie until the glue has dried. Make sure that you wrap the keycard in some paper as shown in the picture so that any excess glue sticks to the paper and not the keycard. The cable tie will need to be glued with the bump upper most as shown in the picture. NOTE: This is the opposite way around to the original bit of plastic.

After the glue had dried I found that the card operated the switch but was rather stiff due to the bump on the end of the cable tie being a little too big compared to the original plastic piece. I melted the bump down a little using the tip of a soldering iron but you can improvise by using a flat bladed screwdriver heated up by a blowtorch or kitchen cooker. Sorry the second photo is not very clear but you should be able to make out that the bump is now flatter and wider.

So far so good, the repair is still going srtong (famous last words!)
Currently in onnward's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna
The Following User Says Thank You to onnward For This Useful Post:
dejan72 (14th November 2010)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome