Independent Renault Forums banner

that good old Washer Bottle problem... Grrr

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  madnoel10 
#1 ·
so here we are, a 1/4 of the way through winter and the washer bottle decides it doesnt want to play ball and do the job it is built for and send water to any of my windows...

there is an amazing thread on here that really goes into detail about how to fix this problem (ALL of which i have tried) but, alas, no joy..

i am posting this in the hope somebody replies with a "have you tried this" style response...

so here goes,
  1. disconected all the tubes from the washer bottle pump and blew down them with my mouth to ensure these are clear - yep.. a little trickle of water came through
  2. take the little sliding shuttle out of the inside of the pump to ensure this is not wedged into position - nope, this slides freely with no problem
  3. replaced the actual washer pump - yep, my local scrap yard had one on the shelf for a tenner, my old one made a noise but the pin shaft thingy didnt rotate (assumed the shaft was broken - but not the motor) Changed over now.
  4. poured lots of hot soapy water into the reservoir (with the pump removed) to flush the bottle and remove any built up Algea - yep done that.. altough you can't see the bottom of the reservoir to be 100% certain that its all removed, but when you pull the pump out all the water comes out
does anyone out there have any idea what the problem could possibly be?? :crazy::crazy:

Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp meeeeeee Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

p.s. its a clio 2 on a T Plate

See less See more
#3 ·
It's often the nozzles pointing at the glass that become blocked. Insert a fine dress-making pin into the nozzle and give it a little wiggle. This usually gets my jets spraying nicely again.

#4 ·
I've not tried running the pump in place with the tubes off (good shout to be fair) I'll try it in the morning, if I try this and nothing comes out what would you suggest (considering this is a different pump than the original) have I simply purchased a non working pump or is there possibly something else?

NOTE... The tubes are clear as I can blow down them with my mouth easily enough :)

Are there ANY moving part within the reservoir itself that could be broken?

Cheers

#7 ·
Process of elimination.

This reads like all front and rear nozzles work then ALL suddenly stop working. Then broken drive pin in pump, OK so motor wirrs but pump doesn't turn (?)

Put a different pump on, should work, but doesn't, 'new' pump has summat wrong with it then.

As said, can it actually pump anything before blaming nozzles.

It's more likely that, than ALL nozzles going miraculously simultaneously blocked at the exact same time.

HTH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.