Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Installing Parrot car kit with pioneer Headunit

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 3rd January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I'm not sure about the mute wire, though to be honest you don't really need it. The Parrot kit mutes all four speaker channels when using the phone anyway, so the only purpose of the mute wire is to pause the CD or tape so it carries on where it left off.

If you're wiring in via the ISO blocks, then it'll be one of the mute wires on the Parrot kit. Try them all - I don't think you can come to any harm through experimenting with them (I tried all three on our Tuner List before discovering Mute 3 was the correct wire.)

As for the boxes, if your Clio interior is anything like ours then they tuck nicely down the side of the gear lever (with the cup holder moulding temporarily removed for access.) The Parrot wiring harnesses are plenty long enough to allow this.

I did this write-up ages ago, though unfortunately the photos must have disappeared a while back during a forum crash or upgrade.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome