Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Phase 1: Battery has gone flat (but it's more complicated)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd January 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II Phase 1: Battery has gone flat (but it's more complicated)

While I was away on holiday the hazard light switch popped up and refused to be pressed down, hence the lights could not be turned off. My Dad held it down with tape.

Yesterday night after a short journey when all was well, the tape must have come loose and switch popped back up. The battery must have gone flat. When I went to the car tonight the hazard light was flashing as was the light where the card is inserted.

I had to open the car using the emergency key via the passenger door. I tried disconnecting the battery but its not helping.

The card entry lights continue to flash. When i insert the card the clock and temp show but nothing on the instrument panel. The car makes a repeated sound similar to that when the card is inserted for the first time. After pressing the stop start button the red light on the instrument panel (immobiliser?) lights up on (it then flashed normally when the card is taken out).

I'm giving the battery a charge, but any ideas are appreciated as I'm a bit worried that repair costs will be high...
Currently in mitul1983's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.6 Expression
  5 Lastest Threads by mitul1983
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Programming a new motorised throttle body Electronics mord 1 4700 8th June 2011 10:21 AM
Laguna II Phase 1: Battery has gone flat (but... Electronics markandjan 5 1770 3rd January 2007 10:33 PM
Laguna II Phase 1: Getting at the third brake... Electronics laguna1.9dcipriviledge 2 1373 12th June 2006 10:19 PM
Laguna II Elec Sunroof going crazy! Electronics mitul1983 5 1904 22nd February 2006 11:29 AM
Brake Fluid Wheels & tyres 9 3107 20th December 2005 06:30 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome