Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Crazy laguana remote locking

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Hi Marky. There's another post on this subject in the 'Laguna' section of the Forum where I have just replied.

Basically, here is the information that I got and it worked for me after a few attempts:

"...sit in the drivers seat and look at the instrument panel for a red warning light, which should be flashing at one-second intervals. Then turn the ignition on whilst watching the warning light and it should stop flashing and stay on for appox three seconds then go out.
At this point turn the ignition off and remove the key then hold down the central door-locking button on the centre consol for a couple of seconds, and the doors should then lock and unlock themselves.
When the doors have done this action press the plip button three times and the doors will lock/unlock themselves again. Wait a few seconds and then try the key locking as normal.
If none this works it could be a key transmission fault or a possible decode box fault and it is best to take it to a Renault dealer so they can test the system."

If it works for a while and then stops working, do this procedure again. I had to do this about 2 or 3 times and ever since the last time (about 8 months ago) it has worked perfectly (touch wood).

PS: Yes it totally did my head in. The oly way to lock the car was from one of the rear doors and pressing the button on the centre console. Unlocking it was just as bad, as the key would just turn and turn until it finally caught and unlocked!
Currently in TazzyK's garage:
Renault Clio 1.4 16v Privilege (2004), Renault Megane 1.5 dCi 106 Expression (2005), Volkswagon Passat 2.0 TDi S (2006), Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 JTDm QTronic Lusso (2008)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome