Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Water Ingress Causing Central Locking And Immobiliser Fault

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by martynone View Post
Hi firstly have you put a new battery on the car,and have you checked for a spark at the plugs have you checked if the fuel pump primes if you do not have these things then you cannot start it check the tdc sensor on the gearbox. If that fails you may have a problem with the coded line from the inj comp to uch to eng wiring to one of these could be at fault. Failing that you may have corrosion in the drivers or passengers side kick panel connection. If after that it doesent start email me again and i'll think a little harder.I have good qualifications.

I spoke to a different mechanic in a different renault garage and he says much the same as the original guy who checked the car on wednesday for me. namely that water seems to have gotten into the fuse box and this has caused the fault and this is also why i no longer have the flashing red led light in the dash, he agreed it is either the fuse box itself or the injection computer and also agreed the price of each part is around the 4oo mark. i cant afford that so looks like the car might have to be scrapped if i cant get it going any cheaper. its a shame because it was driving like a dream untill the breakdown. your advice is much appreciated)
Currently in blueboy's garage:
1998 renault scenic megane RT 1.6e
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome