Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Thoughts on the Grande Scenic

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Hi Altaf,

I drive a 05 Scenic II 1.6 Privilege, Prior to the purchase of the car I drove a number of Scenic's in most of the engine configuration's and the Grande Scenic I found the Grande Scenic not so sure footed on the road as the five seater, wooly I would have described the handling , I have found the Scenic II spacious, very comfortable, plenty of cubby holes for all the bits and pieces, Good fuel economy averaging 43 mpg driven with a light foot, performance is adequate, A good all rounder.

I am not sure what spec an 07 Dynamique comes in, The electronic handbrake is good, maybe the location of the handle not so good, a lot of hand changing from gear lever, steering wheel, handbrake lever, When applying manually.
Self dipping mirror is good, as is the sliding centre console, the handsfree option is very good, Tailgate could do with rising higher, and also it would be useful if you could pop the boot with the plipper rather than just unlock, Rear hatch gets very dirty very easy, and the rear wash wipe is slow to work as no non return valve in the system, The front wipers are set for a left hand drive car so does not clear the snow/spray from drivers vision, difficult to top up washer bottle without spilling fluid over alternator .

I have had a number of problems with my Scenic most miner some I would call serious, But I will not list these as you may not encounter any problems, so don't go looking for faults that are not there , A search of the forums should alert you to some common faults, But I'm sure the latest model will have being improved. This is my opinion only and I'm sure others maybe see things differently to me.

Enjoy your car when it arrives, Keep the Forum posted with updates when your car arrives and how you have found driving/owning a Scenic II.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome