Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1998 Grand Espace RXE Boot Door LOCK!

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2007
andy Shackcloth
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks guys, all the suggestions most welcome. I will go with the suggestion that it's the sticky rod since niether side of the door releases at all and the handel is "floppy" as if it is not connected to something.
I am worried about the torq screws or rather the lack of them under the red fog lights either side of the number plate. I have a 20mm(ish) blanked central hole with three pop rivets around it in both these recesses. I won't start drilling out the rivets until the door is open and all other fixings are removed (I don't expect i will have to) but it means my construction is slightly different (Damn!)
How many fastners do you guys recall I have located the 2x8mm bolts - top near blind, 4xmedium torq screws one in each corner of panel. Is there more? Shaun listed (7?) if thats the case then i think I'm a bit short.

He He yes I will leave panel off for a while as well and/or look to drill a small hole which i can actuate the lock through.

Thanks again
Currently in andy Shackcloth's garage:
Espace 2.2 RXE DT 1998
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome