Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace advice please

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 5th January 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Espace is good. DCI engine is great but seems to have constant problems with the EGR valve. Do a forum search!
I have the older Grand Espace 2.2DT engined model as bernies. 41mpg in mine. (Changed to DCi engine after 2000 I think). Good car but again not without niggly problems. Watch out for cabin heater problems. The matrix is expensive to replace. (my one has no heat on the drivers side, might be blocked or an air lock but cold!!!!) Water pump runs of cambelt again make sure no leaks underneath after a run and the engine is good and warm. This is an expensive repair. Had mine done this week. £350.00 inc cambelt.
The clutch thust bearings and master cylinders have a bad reputation DT and DCI. Never had a problem in my one 93k so far.

SEAT/VW no would not buy - Look good on the outside but looked at many before buying ESPACE. Look underneath. Serious lack of underseal on all exposed chassis structure, Metal is only painted. Lots and I mean lots! of corrosion on the chassis on even 4-5 year old cars.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome