Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane II rear brakes

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 29th November 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Megane II rear brakes

Ok, so if anyone is interested - I went to mechanic yesterday and made a complete overhaul of the rear brakes - Discs, pads and calipers - it's perfect now.

I've bought all from ATE and discs make no issues with ABS whatsoever. The only stupid thing is that the small metal plates which are used as pad guides do not come with pads - this is an additional part, so if choosing ATE route, make sure that you've got all the parts ordered. However, new screws for guide bolts are included with the calipers, so don't order those (now I have two sets of screws). All in all, I am very pleased with the quality.

I have also kept the old calipers (one is ok, one is seized). I will do an overhaul and make a how-to once I get some free time. I've also seen an interesting thing - while the old calipers are mostly clean, the only place full of dirt and mud is the handbrake lever mechanism. I guess this is why the seal perishes - it seems like a design flaw, as this is the only part of the caliper that sticks out of the wheel (and hence wheel throws mud on it). I will try to keep that area clean from now on.

Once again thanks all, and hopefully someone could use the info that I've provided so far.
Currently in jimmy274's garage:
2007 Renault Megane II 1.6 16v Grandtour
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome