Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Phase 1: Battery has gone flat (but it's more complicated)

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 6th January 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Hazard switch.........can be cured by flicking the switch on and off a few times.

Try and slide your finger off the switch so it flies up, then just press it down to turn off. this is worth doing occasionally as they tend to stick with not being used very often.

After reading all the stories on here about the effects of disconnecting the battery I am terrified of ever doing it.

I had only had my 2002 Lag 11 for a week when I found it dead one morning, even though the lights worked, nothing else did, I could only open the front passenger door with the emergency key. As I knew very little about the Lag then and had not discovered this Forum I had it recovered to my nearest Renault Dealer, 40 miles away. They charged me a total of £75.00 for diagnostics, complete charging system check and a new battery, all the electrics worked perfectly after that and still do 2 years later, touch wood.
Currently in davesss's garage:
2002 Laguna Sports Tourer 1.8 Dynamique Moondust VF1KGOB, Fiat Siecento Micheal Schumaker, Kawasaki KLE M/Cycle and a cheap Mountain Bike.

Last edited by davesss; 6th January 2007 at 01:04 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome