Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help me switch my goddam alarm off. 1.5 hours and counting

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 6th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by twillco View Post
My 96 2.0 rt lag has been sat outside my house for a good month or so now, without being used. Came home from work today and the alarm is sounding, although somewhat quiter than usual and without the hazards flashing . I tried using the keyfob but i didn't get a response, so anyway, it turns out the battery has died. i've now taken the battery off and put it on charge, but the alarm is still sounding. i imagine its on some backup battery because its just sounding continuously without a break at all. how can i switch off the alarm. it's driving me nuts.

The alarm has detected the drop in battery power thus setting it off, the alarm has a built in battery so as to stop people just cutting your battery cables to isolate your alarm, I am not sure how to disable your alarm now it will not respond to the keyfob find where the alarm sien is located and try and isolate the siren , I do not know how long the battery stays active on the siren. Hopefully someone with a greater working knowledge will be able to assist you shortly.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome