Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Mileage checking

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 30th November 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Mileage checking

Ok guys, we got the car. Picked it up Thursday night and had a wonderful day out in it today at Cleethorpes. It performed impeccably, looking, smelling and driving like a brand new car. With the exception of a couple of small things...

There seems to be a slight rumble on the steering a low speeds over rough surfaces - strangely my 05 Megane hatch exhibits this characteristic, and much more of it, but that does have high mileage. And my Kangoo had it from new. Perhaps it is a Renault trait.

The one touch windows only seem to work in the downward direction, which is quite irritating. The switches are not the same as my 05 Megane, which has two stages switches - a light press or lift makes the window move only until you stop pressing or lifting, but a stronger press or lift makes the switches click again (2 position) and the one touch mechanism engages. On my Kangoo there is only one click up or down, but a quick flick in either direction engages the one touch mech, whereas holding the switch makes the window stop moving when you release the switch. Though the switchgear on both Meganes look identical, the operation is more like that of the Kangoo, but the Kangoo is one touch in both directions, so I am thinking the 57 Megane has a fault. Has anyone experienced a fault on the one touch windows just in the up direction? Perhaps I should post that as a separate query...

Currently in Glynn's garage:
2005 Megane 1.6 Priv
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome