Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - clio clutch!!

Thread: clio clutch!!
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 6th January 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I used to own a 52 plate Clio and the clutch began to slip on it when it had covered only 25k. Took it back to a dealer as I assumed it would be covered under warranty and was lamped with a bill for £750. Had to pay it to be able to drive the car home. Was not a happy bunny, especially when I saw the clutch components which were hardly could still see the manufacturers name on the friction faces of the clutch disk.... Anyway, to cut a long story short I pursued the matter with renault and after a little 'discussion' was sent a cheque for the cost plus a wee bit. It was clear to me that there was a fault with the pressure plate yet the dealer (who shall remain nameless to protect the guilty) tried to convince Renault's warranty dep't over the phone that it was totally worn/burnt out. But Hey, this has little to do with your current dilemma other than it adds an interesting slant to it.

Sold the car last year after it had done approx 83k - almost 60k after the replacement clutch with no further problems! Now drive a Laguna diesel

Still happy with Renault....
Currently in anthonyjayw's garage:
2004 Renault Clio dCi 80 BHP
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome