Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2002 Espace Mk III IR Cobra Alarm Settings

View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 1st December 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Re: 2002 Espace Mk III IR Cobra Alarm Settings

Originally Posted by Donald View Post

I just thought i would start this thread in the attempt it might help others having problems with there Factory fitted Cobra Alarm going off at the slightest bump of noise ,

There are 2 settings on this alarm one for the sensitivity of the alarm going off and you will find this under the dashboard,

and one for the sensitivity of the IR key locking and unlocking from a distance and this is up on beside the interior light on the roof at the back tailgate door,

To gain access to the main alarm you will first have to remove both the front speaker covers on the dash,just slide a flat screwdriver under the speaker cover and prise it up and off

You will then see that the whole speaker unit is held in place with 3 star style screws and you will require something along the line off these to remove them

Undo the 3 screws on both speaker units left and right and if you lift on side of the speaker unit and work your way from one side to the other slowly lifting the dash it will separate from the 3 clips holding it down across the top then reveling the alarm unit

You will see on the unit itself where i has inserted the Xmas Cracker small flat screwdriver i won there is a small rubber grommet that will need to be pulled off before you can insert the screwdriver,

Its clockwise to turn the sensitivity up and anti clock to turn it down,

you are now ready to put it all back together in reverse order to complete the job.

Now it may be that your IR Key is not working unless you are close to the car this can also be set by removing the other unit that is located on the roof at the rear,now some are stuck in place and you will need to prise it apart from where it is stuck to,once this is done pull and remove wire plug that is running into the unit like below,

You will find on the back of the this unit the same type of adjustment screw and its the same as before its clockwise for sensitive and anti clock to turn the sensitivity down,

All you are now left to do is place the wire plug back in the unit and stick it back up ,

Well i hope this helps all the best Donald
HI , hope you can help, my alarm wont set, i press key fob all doors lock but then alarm starts to bleep for about 15 secs then alarm goes off, please help
Currently in roadstar's garage:
1.5 megane dymandic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome