Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 53 scenic

Thread: 53 scenic
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 7th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
What engine do you have ? I've got a 1.9 dCi. I'm not sure how tight things are on any of the petrol models but mine was a nightmare
I ran a cable thru for my amp and the DVD player, but it wasn't a small job It took about 3 - 4 hrs in total.
There is a grommet behind the air filter but it'll only take a relatively small cable. When I burnt out the first cable I replaced it with a 4 awg cable but had to drill a hole thru the bulkhead.
I had to remove the battery, battery tray, ECU mounting bracket - to allow the ECU to be placed out of the way, air filter feed pipe ( a little pig of a pipe ) and finally the air filter assembly to gain access to the bulkhead area. Drilled the hole, fed the cable thru into the passenger side footwell, lifted the trim panels along the side of the car to hide the power cable and remote switch on wire and fed the cable thru to the boot area. I ran the RCA's up the drivers side to save bother from any interferance (?)
The power distribution block has been placed in the area under the rear seats where my jack etc is stored, although if you have the SWB model I'm not sure if it's the same as mine.
If you need any pics give me a shout and I'll get some sorted out for you.

I think I have CDO. It's like OCD, but with ALL THE LETTERS IN THE RIGHT ORDER
Currently in Gonescenile's garage:
A wee French toy & a 2010 Honda VFR 800
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome