Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Buying Advice

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 7th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Help please!!
12 months ago I deserted the marque and turned to Honda. Now after a miserable year and with a fuel bill which is tottaly unbelievable I want to come back. And that's where the problem begins due to the bad things i've seen written about the newer Lag's am i safe in buying a 52 plate 2.0 privelege. I've just driven a v. low mileage example which was missing like an absolute pig and flashed up the engine management light. The salesman assured me it was due to the engine being jet washed. I've owned 4other Renaults over the last 14+ years and so have a pretty good idea as to what to look for but, I would appreciate any info to help with my dilemma. Thanks

I would have thought coilpack failure there but it also could have being the water.

A lot of the members drive Lags and are very happy with them despite some problems, I would say you would need to have a very good warranty, Have a browse in the Laguna forum see what you think then.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome