Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Automatic wipers

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 3rd November 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I have to agree with everything that I have read here that is bad about the ‘auto-wiper’ function from Renault.

On my previous car (Clio 1.6RXE) it had about five different intermittent setting that pretty much covered all rain conditions. I only ever once used ‘total flap’ mode when it hammered down one afternoon!

On my latest car (Scenic 1.9DCi 2005 model) I find I am playing with the settings trying to work out what mode to leave it in. I got really annoyed that with almost no rain it will send the wipers in to the fastest speed know to man – which is ridiculous! I have now reverted to using RainX and switching the system on to constant if the speed of the car gets too slow.

Incidentally I think that the system doesn’t arm itself incase the screen is covered with ice, and the wipers stuck firmly to the screen – hence blowing the fuse (that would be even more annoying than the high speed mode)

I am glad that it is not just me that find the system far from perfect – saved me time by trying to get the garage to look in to the matter when Renault clearly needs to re-engineer the system – my work mate says the BMW system that he has work with no problems.
Currently in Husky_Dog's garage:
2005 Renault Scenic 1.9 Dci Exception

Last edited by Husky_Dog; 3rd November 2005 at 03:14 PM. Reason: missing a couple of words - did not make sense.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome