Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Clio - Starting Problems - A solution???

View Single Post
post #115 of (permalink) Old 3rd December 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Clio - Starting Problems - A solution???

Hi, Im new to the forum and desperate for some help

The wife's car has been plagued by what we thought was the crank shaft sensor playing up. A couple of years ago the original sensor was replaced by the new modified version with the blue wiring terminals. This fixed the problem for a while but the starting problem started to re-occur.

Basically it runs and starts fine, then out of the blue it just wont start. So I take the braket off the bell housing, disconnect the wiring, clean everying and reconnect/re-fit. That always solves the problem. However its happening every month now so the sensor is not even getting dirty.

Whats weird is that the car wont start if I disconnect the wiring and clean the terminals I have the physically take the braket and sensor off and re-fit and it fires up 1st time, I don't even clean it anymore, I just take it off and put it back on !!!

Whats going on with it ???

I appreciate the discussion on the key (we only have one at the moment so can't try a spare), however it it was immobiliser linked I don't see why removing the crank shaft sensor and re-fitting sorts the problem out.

Im at a loss, please help :-)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome