Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Does anyone have a Megane III that actually works?

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 3rd December 2013
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Does anyone have a Megane III that actually works?

1. 9000 is a good price in UK with 30 days w? dunno

Privelige is well specced of course..but that may leave more things to go wrong with age.

The oil and it was topped up,
Head gasket replaced under warranty so you got an oil change as well.
Brake pads at 30k seems about right depending on driving.I needed discs and pads at 20 and discs and pads at 40ish on my last car. meg 3 I got mats with it,there is some wear on the mat from my heavy size 11's ,but even if Id started to wear the carpet Id have gotten decent mats by now for a lot less than 250.

Mines done 22k approx..all the other bits.. worn wipers washer bottle, gearshift..(boot carpet mine isnt perfect and isnt flush with the side pieces anymore) were done under guarantee.. so np.

Seems to be a lot of wear type probs for 30k as Ralph pointed out ..what 30k are we talking 31 or 39?.
I personally would be looking for a 3 month at least warranty on a similar car and will probably extend my 2011 3 year warranty to 4 at least ,maybe the 5 year one.

Presumably this car was fleet or rep previously? so may have had a harder life than some.

From my 2/3 of your mileage(if its correct) Id say youve been unlucky but it hasnt really cost you anything till now,except inconvenience.
The UCH prob is different please let us know the outcome and consider contacting rcs for a contribution to parts cost if youre expected to cover it all as the car isnt 4 years old yet..and new meg 3's in the UK are covered by a 4 year or 5 year under some offers, guarantee.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome