Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Does anyone have a Megane III that actually works?

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 3rd December 2013
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Does anyone have a Megane III that actually works?

Just a lil addition..I missed some of the other posts while typing up.
Some time back I dicovered an internal document relating to an operator of a fleet of meg 3's among others(mainly driven by reps I would think as its not a delivery van)

Cambelt changes on 1.5 dci's had to be done at 40k+ if warranty was out or 50k+ at the latest if warranty was still going.
If this wasnt done internal company financial penalties would be applied. I think that was the gist of it but Id have to check again.

As you probly know renault service schedule says 100k miles for cambelt. Here on site advice would be 90 at the latest or 4 years.

So what?

I just mean non private cars are gonna have a "hard knock life" and the company in q isnt gonna recommend spending money on replacing things for some future owner,its because its more cost effective for them.

Applying that to your might be advised to consider cambelt(if the 1.9 is cambelt ) or other service item changes a bit sooner than normal.
Edit: do check the front scuttle drains (drains for the wipers ,wiper motors and windscreen/bonnet rainback) arent blocked.Water buildup can drain in to front passenger area and cause elec probs(on earlier renaults at least).and mr "its not my car" isnt going to be too worried about checking them as long as his feet dont get wet.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.

Last edited by coup; 3rd December 2013 at 07:50 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome