Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - poor service. what do i do ?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd November 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
poor service. what do i do ?

took my clio to have the n/s rear arch rust removed and resprayed. a replacement tailgate resprayed, and the bonnet had small fist sized spot where the laquer?? had come off.

i got a quote for the work to be done, and was supplying a secondhand tailgate. work to be started earlier on tailgate. was told car would be ready wednesday pm.

friday 8 am drops tailgate off.
monday 8am drops clio off. bloke tells me i cant use supplied tailgate. he tells me that he will source a replacement tailgate (new) at nr cost.
wednesday 5pm. i arrive at garage and am told that car is not ready.
thursday 5pm. i arrive at garage and am told that car is not ready and i will have to pay for a new rear windscreen washer because they couldnt get the old one off. am also told that the bonnet had to be re resprayed due to the previous respray being bad. (before i had the car).

now, even though the garage has my phone number, they havent tried to ring me once. they didnt give me any notice regarding the tailgate (i could have sourced one cheaper if i had been given notice). and the excuse for the rear screen wiper is that they dont have the right tool to do the job (somebody back me up here).

given the lack of communication and the overall shoddyness of service so far, does anybody think i am right to not pay for the rear ws wiper arm, and to complain to the manager/owner about the overall level of service, or am i being fussy?

what do you guys/gals think ?

1995-1998 renault 5 gt turbo .
1998-2005 company cars : (
oct 2005 renault clio williams : )
  5 Lastest Threads by fasterthanjesus
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
poor service. what do i do ? Cars & motoring fasterthanjesus 2 1040 3rd November 2005 05:57 PM
Renault decals needed. Cars & motoring harddrive 3 1167 25th October 2005 08:24 AM
Clio Williams 3 - Boot Question? Cars & motoring 2 1090 20th October 2005 07:47 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome