Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - poor service. what do i do ?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 3rd November 2005
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
To be honest, I don't think there's much to complain about (and I am one to complain when it's justified. You can expect there may be problems when using second hand parts. You don't say why you couldn't use the tailgate you got, but at least the guy told you it was unsuitable, he could have just painted it anyway as you instructed and left you with a bill for painting a tailgate that's no good.

Not being able to get a wiper (washer?) off something that possibly been on years could happen. Dunno what special tool they'd need, but maybe it was seized on too much to get if off without damage?

I agree they could have called more possibly, but they did save you from painting a useless tailgate, as for the bonnet, they wouldn't just touch in the patch of laquer. You'd want the best job, and it's probably just as quick, and a better finish to paint the whole panel.

Sorry to disagree, you could expect to grumble about not being phoned so much maybe, but I don't see they've done that much wrong to be honest.

Currently in HD462's garage:
2000 Renault Laguna 1.9dti estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome