Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 1 Phase 1 - Wheel Bearing Noise*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 3rd November 2005
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by steven
mark,is it a big job puttin new wheel bearings in? how much do u reckon it will cost?.........................cheers, steven
Depends on what you class as big I guess. If you're paying someone to do it then I'd imagine fairly expensive. I've never done any on the Laguna, but I have been told they're around 50 to 70 a side. They're a press fit I think, so if you haven't got access to a press then I guess it'll be a garage job a rough guess 250 to 300 including labour for both sides (just a very rough guess mind you ).

I think I've got a rear one in it's early stages on mine, as I have a very feint rumble from the rear, but nothing showing yet checking the bearings.

Bearings do wear out eventually with higher mileages,I've changed plenty over the years where the bearing tracks have become notched just due to age, tends to be more taper roller bearings (heavy vehicles), than the roller type cars tend to use nowadays though.

Currently in HD462's garage:
2000 Renault Laguna 1.9dti estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome