Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Interior Lighting

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 27th July 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by SportTourer
Trivial question I know but here goes. According to the spec for our car,because it has rear electric windows there should be courtesy lights under the front seats. The front footwells light up.Having looked under the front seast I cannot see any bulbs so assume our car has not got this feature. It doesn't bother me and I won't lose any sleep over it, but have any of you got these under seat courtesy lights ??

Also does anyone know what the 2 red leds in the roof light are meant to do? I have noticed that in the dark they appear to shine down onto the top of the gear knob - really useful feature that? What a waste of space, almost as pointless as the dimmer control wheel for the main interior light.
I'm not sure about the under-seat lighting. I never knew they were supposed to be there, so I've never looked for them. I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've sat in the back of my car.

As for the LEDs, I always assumed that they're there to help you to locate the light switches in the roof console when it's dark. I don't think the switches themselves are illuminated.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome