Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Its Bye Bye Renault i am affraid :-(

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by chrisash32 View Post
Hi everyone!

Well the time has come, I have had enough.
Power Steering went in my Megane II last week which was the final straw!

I have only owned my Megane II for 13 months (It is now 4 years old). I took out a loan and paid £8000 for the car 13 months ago, since then in the past 12 months I have spent a further £5800 just keeping it on the road.
I have had enough now; I have just been quoted a sum of £2000 to fix the power steering and faulty airbags.

I have decided to cut my losses and have done with; £13,800 in 12 months is awful. I part ex'd the car today for a band new VW. I got £3250 for it!!!!!!

Over £10,000 lost and I will still be paying the remainder of the loan off on the car for a further 2 years!

I am young enough I suppose to put it down as an experience to learn from, never Renault again!

Hopefully my new VW Polo should provide me with the happy motoring I had expected from my Megane.

Itís a shame to have to let it go, I really really do like the car! It looks amazing, so such fun to drive, but at the same time it just has a direct cash injection module!

I will be selling one or two things out of it if anyone is interested; I have it until the 20th of Jan.

I will list my items for sale in the "For Sale" section.

Errrrrr! Ehmmmmm! Excuse me suh, but how come you spent all that money on a car that was under warranty most of the time and is even now only 4 years old?

This is going to be interesting I think.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome