Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Trafficmaster sat-nav improved

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 27th July 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I think TrafficMaster have their heads up their posteriors if they think they can charge these sorts of prices for a system that doesn't even support full on-screen mapping. Of course, manufactuerers can and do charge well over these prices for factory-fit systems, but compared with the other after-fit options, this is a non-starter.

It's a shame, because in my opinion, TrafficMaster still have the only traffic monitoring network that's worth having. I was hoping that the traffic option on my TomTom GO would allow me to sell my TrafficMaster YQ2, have one less thing cluttering the dash, and pay 1/3 of the price for an annual subscription, but the TomTom traffic data is next to useless compared with TrafficMaster (which is far from perfect in itself.)

I'd really like to see TrafficMaster dump these ridiculous attempts at getting into a market that they obviously don't understand. Instead, they should collaborate with third-party sat-nav developers to provide better quality traffic information on their systems. I'd gladly pay the 110 quid a year I'm paying at the moment (I might even pay more) for the TrafficMaster data to be integrated into my TomTom so that it could auto-route around any delays. I don't see it happening any time soon though.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome