Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Its Bye Bye Renault i am affraid :-(

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by vass20 View Post
Why was I harsh with him? I was just asking if he had applied for any of the work to be sorted under the yots scheme or rather why not. If he doesn't know about it, he should be advised and then he can write to someone with authority, like the CEO of Renault here or in France. What's harsh about that?

We have had more than one member apply for assistance when their cars were out of warranty, and with good results too.

There must be some history to this and I don't see that any one individual should have to suffer all this loss in just 13 months of ownership. So was he sold a dud from the beginning? Was this a 300,000 mile car? Had it been written off? I don't think any of the answers to these questions can be positive... not when he paid 8k for it. And if he bought it from a Ren dealer, they should have activated a two year warranty for him, so in that case there is some comeback. But I don't know the whole story, that's why I asked. If he thinks this is harsh, I apologise and say that it was not meant in any critical sense.

Of course, he can also just ignore my post.

lol, fair enough.

Just to answer some of your questions, i purchaced it privatly, the car had 75k on the clock at the time and it has never been in an accedent.
Currently in chrisash32's garage:
2002 Renault Megane Sport II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome