Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Its Bye Bye Renault i am affraid :-(

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by chrisash32 View Post
lol, fair enough.

Just to answer some of your questions, i purchaced it privatly, the car had 75k on the clock at the time and it has never been in an accedent.
Mine was purchased privately too, but they still replaced two dead coils FOC last week (and it is more than 4 yrs old. So that is not necessarily prohibitive.

Had it been regularly serviced by Renault for the previous owner/s? Again, even if it hadn't, it is acceptable that it be serviced by a competent outfit, without losing its warranty.

Did you get its history when you bought it? This is important because if any work was done in the year preceding your purchase, it would have been warranted work (for 12 months) so there may be a comeback from there. Apart from that, was there any recurring fault when owned by the previous owner/s?

Did you have to pay for any recurring fault?
Have you read, on this forum, that any of the repairs you had to pay for were known faults on this model?
These are the type of questions/answers that will have a bearing on the final outcome.

I would dearly love to see RCS make you an offer of some assistance, but it does depend on detailed analysis of what has been going on with this car.

Cheers for now and stay in touch.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome