Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hazard switch 02 16v Clio Dynamique

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I'm guessing it's a Clio II Phase 2 on an 02 plate. If I'm right, the switch is on a panel above the stereo, along with the central locking switch. I've had the panel out enough times for other reasons, but I've never removed the switch from the panel. I can't see it being tricky though.

All you really need to do is get something thin but solid between the end of the panel and the dash, and gently lever the panel out, taking care not to mark the dash. There should be enough wire on each of the switches to allow the panel to hang down, though we had an alarm installer wire an LED into this panel on our last car and leave us with no slack at all. That made things a bit awkward.

With the panel out, unclip all connectors. This should be pretty obvious too. Then I imagine the switch will simply unclip from the rear of the panel. Again, the fixings should be obvious.

If they're not, then maybe the front has to come off the switch. It'll just be a push fit if this is the case.

I'd investigate further tonight, but I tend to need a better excuse for pulling the wife's Clio to bits
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Horatio For This Useful Post:
krakkars (20th May 2013), Paul Simon (31st May 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome