Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Bodywork - Rear Screen Failures on Sport Tourer Versions

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 4th November 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Laguna II Owner
It happened to me but the car was parked outside my office at the time. So I assumed someone had tried to break into it.

As such I got it done on the insurance ( lucky as the glass alone was around the 350 mark !! ) but the fitters had a hell of a job releasing the locking catch from the glass ( interference fit - disimilar metals - bad engineering ). They destroyed the lock trying to prize it apart with a bearing puller.

If your guys have trouble finding a replacement new part the scenic lock is indentical. Apparently the dialogys software does not make it easy to find the part number on the laguna..
The fitter did warn me about the lock / wiper motor on the window. Luckily that came off but the wiper arm didn't, as you say wrong metals/bad engineering! It had to be butchered off! Hence 40 extra

Got to go back tonight as the wiper is making a knocking noise, like its under stress.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome