Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Its Bye Bye Renault i am affraid :-(

View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by rodmaker View Post
Neither do I want to get into an arguement, but I feel the advice in the first place could have been better worded. What, because one person out of a potential 10,000 misinterpreted my style and thought it was harsh? How do you know HE interpreted my style as being harsh on him? He doesn't seem to have done so.
The car is sold therefore subsequent advice given is a lengthy waste of time for the guy. Yea, I suppose. But then there's a lot of it about, isn't there?Muddied even further by the fact it was a private sale 13 monthsWe only know it was a private sale NOW, not then. since purchase and sorry to repeat this - that the car has now been sold/traded in. Right; the choice is his anyway even if you seem to have decided on his behalf.

Does anybody honestly think he has the time to go through this process and get a result?You seem to think that he doesn't so why shouldn't someone else think he does?
How for instance would he prove the airbag was possibly faulty? How do you know it is faulty? How many times have techs told us that such and such is causing the problem then after changing the such and such, it turns out the fault was still there, so it was changed uselessly?Who will give this evidence on a car that has been sold/traded in, no longer in his possesion? What evidence? A respectful representation can be made in a civilised manner and the deliberation made as to whether it is reasonable that so many things should fail within such a short space of time at such a huge cost. We have already established (I think) that the second lot of injectors should not have been charged for.

A lost cause I fear and an unfortunate expensive experience for the chap.You are possibly quite right, but the game doesn't end until the final whistle has gone.
I think THIS is a total waste of time. I would rather be considering what went wrong with his car and why. Four years old and 80k miles is not much in the life of a car, IMO.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome