Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Its Bye Bye Renault i am affraid :-(

View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by rodmaker View Post
As Reeves and Mortimer used to say "You wouldn't let it lie!"
This is just semantics as to what constitutes and arguement I fear.
Drop the blue pointers. That is rather confrontational and argumentative in getting your point over don't you think?

How do i know he interpreted it as harsh? The car owners reply to your Errrrrr! Ehmmmmm! Excuse me suh post was;

"Quite simple, Warranty expired on 01/12/2005 (you only get 3 Years)
I purchaced the car on 03/12/2005 Therefor during the last 13 months of me owning the car it has been out of warranty!!

Doesn't sound as though he was happy with the comment to me.

The reply you quoted from Chris came after you posted the "Bit harsh" comment, so I couldn't have known. Nevertheless, the fact that their cars were out of warranty, didn't stop a 3000 repair bill on mpbmpbmpb's turbo being picked up by RCS ; nor Jonathan's 3000+ bill and a 6000 new engine.

By the way, I'm sorry you think that the blue inserts are confrontational. I shall refrain from using them in this post so you won't be offended. But actually, I have been using that style for years and it emanates from a need to address specific sections of posts in an IT tech forum; I thought it less confusing, but I wouldn't dream of winding anybody up with it.

The "err hmm sir" thing was just to draw his attention to the fact that he might not have needed to be so out-of-pocket. I didn't think he objected to what I had said when he replied, and his ensueing posts I interpreted as an indication that if there is a chance of some recovery/redress, he would like to hear about it. Maybe I misread him, then.

Anway, it's his choice at the end of the day and I wish him luck if he takes it on. But he doesn't sound like he is happy to just wave 10.5 grand goodbye.

So, shall be call this debate closed, now? I think you have every right to say what you said if that is how you interpreted my post, so I don't have any grudges by the way. I'd hate to think that I might have lost a friend from this community of ours.

Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome