Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Immobiliser and central locking problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic - Immobiliser and central locking problems

Hi all I hope you can help,

I have read through all of the threads with regards to a problem similar to mine but haven't come accross a solution so far, I am currently unable to start my car due to the immobiliser being constantly engaged the red light is flashing on the dash and the central locking is not responding to the keyfob. When in the car if I press the central locking button on the console the doors lock and unlock, so I know the central locking system is fine.

I too have removed the remote sensor receiver located in the interior lighting display only too find water has escaped from the aerial above, and fallen onto the PCB and sensor I have removed this and dried it with a hair drier as mentioned in previous threads, but alas this hasn't worked I understand it is possible to buy a new part but can I simply replace it or will I have to have the new part coded to the keyfob and the car, the part is seimens I noticed in a previous thread that this part can be purchased for around 60 but it didn't mention if it had to be coded.

In avance I would like to thank anyone who can help me with this problem and await your reply.
Currently in stephenjones's garage:
1997 renault megane scenic 2.0 RTE
  5 Lastest Threads by stephenjones
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic - Immobiliser and central locking... Scenic Nottnoc 41 97691 9th January 2007 10:29 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome