Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Warranties

Thread: Warranties
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
I used to work in an out-of-warranty department, and the only flaw with this point of view is this;

Wear & tear items can fail at any time, sometimes with warning (i.e. CV Gaiters splitting), other times without warning (i.e. Bulbs). It is wrong to expect a 3-year old car with 80,000 miles on the clock to be totally free from faults (as you would with a brand-new car).

I would agree (as I said all along) that to mention your disappointment to the garage, and test out their appreciation of your custom is worth pursuing, but don't go in with a guns blazing, high-handed attitude, as you will achieve nothing.

For rear axle bushes to split within a week of purchase is a bit suspicious that there wasn't at least some damage before the car was sold.
I know things can fail without warning and I know this is a 3yr old car so there will be some wear and tear, which is to be expected. Even a brand new car can have faults.

I don't expect the car to be like brand new, all most of us are trying to say is that the garage should have picked this particular problem up when they serviced/checked the car. There must have been some signs of damage/wear visible, if indeed they bothered to look!

Whilst I agree wear and tear isn't covered by the warrranty - any faults (including wear and tear failures) should be and normally are rectified by the selling garage before they release the car.

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome