Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Scenic II Bonnet Stuck

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th December 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Grand Scenic II Bonnet Stuck

Hi all. I'm having numerous issues with my mk2 Grand Scenic 1.9dCi, and I will be posting these in separately in the relevant areas.

The radiator recently sprung a leak and so I stuck some Radweld in and it's been fine. Anyways, yesterday whilst driving at 40mph the engine overheat warning came on, so I pulled over and tried to get under the bonnet, however it won't release! There seems to be the normal amount of tension in the release lever under the glove box so I don't think the cable has snapped, but the bonnet doesn't 'pop'.

I don't know if this is relevant but I recently took the car to the garage to have a new alternator and timing pulley and belt fitted; could they have damaged the bonnet release in the process? And more importantly, how do I fix it?
Currently in danwy's garage:
2004 Grand Scenic Privilege 1.9 DCI
  5 Lastest Threads by danwy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic 1.9dCI Catastrophic Engine Failure Engines jimmysomerville 6 1264 11th September 2014 03:56 PM
Door Lock Buttons Failing Electronics Nottnoc 3 691 25th April 2014 08:42 AM
Removing Spare Wheel on Grand Scenic? Wheels & tyres Dancingdad 4 2439 7th January 2014 12:42 PM
Grand Scenic II Bonnet Stuck Bodywork danwy 5 2006 7th December 2013 12:35 PM
Revearse Parking Sensor Malfunction Electronics hondo 1 868 16th November 2013 10:59 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome