Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 2 ( 2005 onwards ) - Buyer's Guides - Owners & member opinions.

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 4th November 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by bluehoon
the new one is every 12,000
Sorry to be picky, but according to the manual, the 1.9 engines with the particle filter (which I believe the dCi 130 Euro IV has) have 9000 mile service intervals. The counter on my trip computer is definitely counting down from 9000 (it's still at 8000-and-something having covered just under 1000 miles.)

That makes it the joint second shortest service interval I've had to put up with (My 1990 petrol MkII Astra was the same, and my 1993 Mazda 323F was every 6000 - at 30000+ miles a year, I got to know the dealers pretty well )

I'm curious: What do you make of the dCi 130 over the old 120? Is the extra power noticeable? I must admit that I'm finding the car rather sluggish after the 140bhp petrol IDE .

So I'm at least a little miffed to see that Renault now offer a Euro IV 150bhp 2 litre dCi engine with exactly the same emissions figures for around a grand more on list price, though whether or not they're able to deliver before the end of the year (when the 3% company car tax break bites the dust) is another matter. I think that gets the 12K service interval too. Ho-hum!
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome