Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - renault laguna immobiliser

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th November 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
renault laguna immobiliser

I have a problem with my Renault Laguna immobiliser X reg 2000, the light is flashing and it fails to start. I had a guy run a diagnosis on the car which says there is a problem with it and it is reading on but we cant shut it of, the central locking is working on the key plip and as far as I can tell it is the infra red type and knowbody but Renault can do this, Well caught between the Devil and the deep blue sea, I took it to the Renault dealer who kindly told me it isn't the code but probably the ring around the ignition, £100 or the receiver on the ECU £400. Well I don't fancy the devil nor the deep blue sea but the jolly old dealer has me over a barrel again as know body but them seems to be able to tell me if these are down or not which means they can tell me what ever they wish, I suspect on Monday they will phone and tell me its the £400.00 option. Does any one know of a way to have the fault confirmed by some other independent means. Not that I'm cynical of Renault Dealers!! But if I have to spend this much id like to feel sure in knowing there is a genuine fault with it other than just a simple key code replacement needed.
  5 Lastest Threads by nirmski
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
renault laguna immobiliser Electronics nirmski 4 2318 4th November 2005 05:12 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome