Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hardliners drive their campaign via No 10 website

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I see the ABD are being less than accurate with the facts over congestion charging and playing on people's paranoia. Then again, with any change in taxation you expect them to sneakily increase the overall revenue drain on the public, even if they do fudge the figures to make it look like they're doing you a favour. If the the majority of people are going to be a bit better off, then you can guarantee that a significant segment (though less than the majority) will be a lot worse off.

Besides, this is coming from a government who mentioned nothing about road tolls prior to the last general election, then dropped the bombshell within a couple of weeks of getting back into power. They know that this policy would have cost them the election, so as far as I'm concerned, Blair is in no.10 under false pretences.

Then again, as I've said before, I'm not sure who I'd replace him with. They're all as bad as each other.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome