Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Its Bye Bye Renault i am affraid :-(

View Single Post
post #47 of (permalink) Old 11th January 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by vass20 View Post
I agree. It is a long shot; but I'm hoping that the history of the car will make a difference (and I don't even know the history but.... £5,800 spent on it in 13 months???).

I can see reason in being ultra-doubtful but not completely hopeless. Here we have (my own assumptions) a young pater familias, who bought a family car in good faith and the car is robbing his family of a substantial amount of money and will do so for the next 2 or 3 years, although he won't even have it any more.

I feel so mortified about this that if I could afford it, I'd give him the money myself and be happy that I could afford it. And I don't even know the gentleman. So, since I feel this way about it, I see nothing wrong with encouraging him to put pen to paper and try and find out if Renault really care about their customers and whether they have done the right thing by him in this case. After all, there are 10,000+ members on this site and they might wish to know how Renault applies its expounded philosophies of putting the customer first.

I am in no way criticising anything you have said Rodders my friend, but if I had known earlier about all the problems Chris has been facing, maybe I would have been able to encourage him to take some other avenue before the car became too old to influence RCS . I can only apologise for not spotting his posts before. As I understand it, if the car is under 5 yrs old (maybe 4yrs and 364 days?), RCS seniors will look seriously at the situation and there are some men/women of integrity and initiative among all those whose job it is to turn down whatever requests are put to them.

And I agree with you that, the fact that he has already contracted to sell the car and won't have it for any length of time, is an immense hurdle in his path.

I hope my initial style of writing (that you apparently objected to) does not influence you into thinking badly of me because I really feel for this man. Too bad if he gets nothing back, but at least he won't blame himself for not even trying. Maybe if you get a chance to read the posts by mpbmpbmpb and Jonathan you will see that a hopeless case is sometimes not as hopeless as first perceived. If these two hadn't received encouragement and a little guidance from members of our community, maybe they would have seen it as a lost cause (as a matter of fact they had, initially).

The game ain't won or lost until the final whistle blows... ask Bayern Munich and Man United.

Best Wishes, as always,
Hello vass20,
Well I'm sure there are a lot more worthy causes to put your money to rather than onother unlucky car punter. There are millions of them about, but It's a nice thought.

Send me some money so I can by a survival suit! I can't get my Espace111 drivers side heater working. Several flushings a la spirochetes posting and two visits to the garage have not sorted it.

I would be interested in hearing how you went about getting compensation on the car [bought privately with the coils issue you mentioned in one of your postings.
As for the above posting. Very interesting. You may all be correct in encouraging Chris to take it further.

As for our minor altercation. It's in the past.

Last edited by rodmaker; 11th January 2007 at 02:46 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome