Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #277 of (permalink) Old 11th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Meesh View Post
I contacted my lawyer today and she says that Renault responded to my claim by asking for more information - shock! Delay tactics I think.

Hopefully watchdog will be looking to do a follow up program or something just need to wait and see. It is good to see that they have not just binned the idea. Hoping they contact others as well, my job means it may be tricky for me to appear on TV but we'll just wait and see what they want first before jumping to conclusions.

Anyone else out there want to update us on their case?
I think most have accepted to claim from their insurers and put it behind them. The one person I know to have been quite passionate about this is brigatti, although he did sound somewhat disheartened more recently by the lack of response from other victims. Try emailing him Meesh because I'm fairly sure you will find him to be a worthy ally. He also has a page on his website dedicated to this.

Try this link: Brigatti On-line - but let him know that Watchdog have contacted you.

As always,

P.S. After two fatalities in Leicestershire involving two Clios during December in which a 19 year-old boy and a 22 year-old girl died, I contacted the police investigators and asked them if they had discounted the idea that something like a bonnet flying open might have caused the accident. In both cases the officers said to me that they had no indication, either from passengers in the vehicle or from other witnesses, that anything like this had taken place. They were both very interested in my theory that if, after the crash, the bonnet was still engaged notwithstanding its damage, it would automatically discount the possibility that it had actually been open at moment of impact; ergo it did not cause the accident. On the other hand, if it was open after the accident, it did not necessarily mean that it had already been been open at moment of impact but such would justify further inspection of bonnet hinges for ramming damage, roofline damage for coincidental damage that might have been caused by a up-swinging bonnet leading-edge and other indicative evidence.

They sounded quite sure that neither of these acidents had been contributed to by this problem but they said they always keep an open mind and assured me that qualified police engineers would inspect any fatality very meticulously indeed.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS

Last edited by vass20; 11th January 2007 at 10:25 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome