Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Kangoo - Diesel Starting Fault*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th January 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Kangoo - Diesel Starting Fault*FIXED*

My kangoo has run since brand new with no problems at all and has now covered 60,000 miles. It has been serviced as per renaults guidelines but recently it has been as much use as a waterproof towel. It slowly became a major effort to get it started with the glowplug light coming on and the engine turning over but not kicking in, sometimes the immobiliser light would start flashing as well.

Simple i thought the glow plugs needed replaced. These were replaced and the starting was fine for the remainder of that day. Now what happens is that when starting the glow plug light will only turn on once every 50 attempts (Kid you not!) of turning the ignition on and once it does it will start. Sometimes though when it comes on though the immobiliser light will start flashing and then it wont start until i try another 50 times and the glowplug light appears again.

Should i just drive it towards a cliff and combat roll out at the last second or has anybody had the same problem and could enlighten me as to what could solve it. It is a company vehicle and dont want to have to go to my boss to explain that my van is going to have a 600 bill before i can get it back on the road.

I have researched this on the internet and the obvuis choice would be the glow plug relay needs replaced but what about the immobiliser light sticking on.

Currently in tcrawford2's garage:
2003 Renault Kangoo
  5 Lastest Threads by tcrawford2
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Kangoo - Diesel Starting Fault*FIXED* Kangoo ours2012 30 89206 12th January 2007 10:02 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome