Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 1.6 16v Fanbelt change

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 12th January 2007
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Hi it depends on two things that iam not sure of you will either loosen the belt by the alternator or by one of the wheels that the belt is attached to.

If its the alternator it can be loosened by loosening the bolt or bolts on the top of the alternator which allows the alternator to move back and forth letting you take the belt off.

There my be a wheel on which the belt goes round on which is spring loaded and when you put the correct size socket on it with the ratchet either pulling or pushing it will slacken the belt so you can release it.

It is the reverse to put a new one back on i hope this helps iam sorry the clio is not a car iam familiar with and it depends on the year as well iam sure someone will be along soon and correct me if iam wrong all the best.
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome