Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Sorting out wheel archers

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
With the wheel arches: Do you want them to look good as new, or just stop them getting any worse?

If it's the former, then unless you're prepared to experiment with filler and a paint can, or ripping out and refitting panels, then you're going to have to farm it out.

If it's the latter, then I'd settle for flaking off any obvious loose paint and daubing on decent quanities of Kurust (available at Halfords amongst other places.) That should at least stop the rot from getting worse. Be sure to treat the inside of the arch as well as just the visible rust.

For the replacement car: Why not hold out for an RXE? As far as I'm aware, these always had the sunroof. If you can stretch to a phase 2 model (starting at S reg, or possibly even very late R) then you got 4 electric windows, climate rather than air-con, alloys and the rather nifty looking rear spoiler too. The design also looks that bit fresher, thanks to the facelift.

They may have introduced some of these changes earlier, mind you. I'm just comparing my M reg phase 1 RXE with my S reg phase 2 RXE.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome